Monday, October 11, 2010

Searing Anger

I just knocked this out after a day wandering the streets of Salem with my my usual determined purpose. My intent each day is not evil. I do what has to be done and that is all.

SEARING ANGER (or wasted energy if you prefer)

On Andrews there lives a woman
whose anger most certainly breathes.
The flames of annoyance do fuel her
and cause her emotions to seethe.

From a window she spy's something orange
that bring from her embers a spark.
She bolts to confront the transgressor
to bare yellowed fangs and to bark.

The Bald One listens in wonder
from where this vile anger was borne.
It lives in breathtaking splendor
while inviting observers to scorn.

He walks quickly in befuddled amusement
As she sputters and continues to scorch.
Her heat builds fast to enkindle
the anger she wields as a torch.




No comments:

Post a Comment